One of Australia’s most prestigious girls’ colleges, Loreto Mandeville Hall Toorak (LMHT) was established in 1924 as an independent Catholic girls’ school. It enrols approximately 1,200 girls from early learning to Year 12 and is one of an international group of Loreto schools, including seven across Australia.
LMHT lacked a consistent and cost efficient print structure
Key challenges CPC identified and resolved
Complete Print Solutions Education Australia
- 69 print devices, 24 different models with a total of 59 different print consumables
- A heavily under-utilised print fleet
- 5 separate provider agreements with different finalisation dates
- 6 different copy costs
- Multiple invoices
- An out-dated print and document management platform
- No mobile print functionality for staff and teachers moving between office locations and campuses
Smarter solutions get results
Following CPC’s comprehensive discovery process, LMHT was presented with four solutions based on the school’s initial performance and pricing parameters. The school chose an integrated solution combining Konica Monica hardware with the YSoft print management platform.
By choosing 20 Konica Minolta multifunction devices, Loreto reduced its print fleet from 69 devices, resulting in massive savings on hardware, maintenance, and consumables. Lacking an internal high-volume print facility, LMHT needed to distribute the devices strategically. Utilising YSoft SafeQ on higher speed, larger capacity, multi-function devices, the staff can now directly access their print output requirements from any device.
Regarding their final decision, Dean Holden, Head of IT at LMHT, commented, “We liked how YSoft and Konica Minolta integrated seamlessly. The combined functionality offered by the integrated Konica Minolta and YSoft solution was significant.”
Fleet consolidation 22%
54 print devices, 5 models deployed (reduction x5), 18 consumables required (reduction x 3)
Increased output speeds
Both B&W and colour improved by 40%
- Document capture – direct scan e.g. to Microsoft OneDrive®
- Standardised user interface
- ‘Follow You’ print release
- Interactive workflows
- Mobile print aligns with LMHT’s BYOT policy
- OCR and text redaction during scanning
Network wide print fleet management and control
Detailed reporting and analytics
Greater end-user accountability
One ‘Master Finance Agreement’
As part of its end-to-end solution and ‘white glove’ approach for our customers, CPC is also managing out the incumbent office fleet until the respective contract end dates in 2020.